Did you know🤷🏻♀ that one hour of smoking Shisha is the same as inhaling more than 100 cigarettes?😳😱😱
Shisha pipes use tobacco, sweetened with fruit or molasses sugar, which makes the smoke more aromatic than cigarette .
Sometimes🤔 people assume smoking shisha is less harmful than smoking cigarettes. The truth is shisha is just as harmful as smoking cigarettes and causes similar diseases.
Effects of smoking Shisha on Health
1. Cardiovascular effects: Many studies report that a mean increase in systolic and diastolic blood pressure and heart rate of shisha smokers is observed after shisha smoking.
2. Antioxidant and vitamin C: In another study conducted, antioxidant capacity was evaluated and it was indicated that total antioxidant capacity and vitamin C levels were lower in smokers than in non smokers.
3. Metabolic syndrome: Shisha smokers are found to be significantly more likely to have hypertryglycedemia, Hyperglycemia, Hypertension and abdominal obesity.
4. Effect on pregnancy outcome: It has been evaluated that smoking one or more shisha per day during pregnancy is associated with the risk of low birth weight infant compared with non smoking mothers and increased pulmonary problems at birth.
5. Shisha smoking has negative effects on mouth including staining of teeth and reduces ability of smell and taste.
6. Shisha smoke is often laced with carcinogens or cancer causing substances. Regular smoking of shisha may lead to cancer of the lungs, mouth, stomach and oesophagus.
7. Shisha is one of the notable risk factors for periodontal bone loss and dry sockets.
🚫Do not be deceived, shisha smoking is as dangerous as cigarette smoking.