Have you recently noticed your hair falling off while combing? Has your once healthy hair become a shadow of itself ?
This might be due to some of these reasons;
- ♀ Physical stress: Any kind of physical trauma, a car accident, or a severe illness, can cause temporary hair loss. This can trigger a type of hair loss called telogen effluvium.
- ♀ Pregnancy: At this time in a woman’s life, due to hormonal changes, it is not unusual for a woman to experience hair loss which is a common postpartum issue.
- ♀ Overstyling: Vigorous styling and hair treatments can cause your hair to fall out. These styling methods include tight braids, hair weaves or corn rows as well as chemical relaxers to straighten your hair, hot-oil treatments or any kind of harsh chemical or high heat.
- ♀ Lack of protein: Studies have shown that if you don’t get enough protein in your diet, your body may ration protein by shutting down hair growth.
- ♀ Chemotherapy: Some of the drugs used to combat cancer can unfortunately, also cause your hair to fall out.
- ♀ Heredity and aging: If you come from a family where women started having hair loss at a particular age, then you are prone to it. Also it isn’t uncommon for women to lose hair when between ages of 50 and 60.
All hope is not lost, in order to grow your hair back there are few steps you can take to achieve success such as improving your diet, moisturizing with essential oils, monitor stress levels and also taking a break from over-styling.